Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthday Bash: Woodstock Candy *closed*

Congrats to Brittney Minor!  You are the lucky winner with comment #26 out of 189 entries.  You're going to have a Rockin' box of 50s candy to enjoy!
Winner has 48 hours to answer SEBG Winning Email before another winner is chosen.  Random.Org screenshot available upon request.


I survived the official Rock 'N Roll 1st Birthday Party!  Can I get a Wahoo?!?  I think that Sophia's 1st Birthday Party took just as much planning and executing as my wedding.  Granted, we did have a small wedding, but still.  We took all day Sunday to crash and play with a few new toys.

The party went amazing {although we had quite the rocky start - more on that in a later blog post} and everyone who attended told me they had an amazing time!  Since this was Sophia's 1st birthday, and she doesn't really have playmates yet, we invited alot of our friends and family to join in on the celebration.  Although it was absolutely a kiddie party, I definitely geared alot of things towards the adult party attendees!

They really had a blast stepping back in the '50s and it was largely due to today's blog sponsor... Woodstock Candy!  I mean, who doesn't love candy and best of all, retro candy!?


I sat up a few different candy stations... in bowls, scattered around Sophia's cake.  Everyone absolutely loved looking through the nostaligic sweets and reminiscing over their favorites.

Some of my favorites were: the LemonHeads, Candy Cigarettes {that Rob rolled up in his shirt}, Sugar Daddy, Fun Dip, Wax Lips, Zots, and Wax Bottles.  Woodstock Candy was generous enough to send us 4 boxes of 1950s candy and I came home with barely any left!  This was by far the biggest hit {other than Miss Sophia herself} of the party!  I left everyone grab a bag and take home some of their favorite retro candy... and they didn't pass up the opportunity!

Surrounded by Woodstock Candy!
Why WE Loved Woodstock Candy:  I'll admit, I snuck Sophia a tiny bit of a Pixy Stix!  She loved it.  I couldn't have found a nicer company as far as Customer Service goes.  Woodstock Candy went above and beyond what I ever expected from a company.  The candy was super fresh {obviously not just kept from the 50s, ha!} and was packaged so nicely!  Their candy has definitely be one of my favorite products that I've ever reviewed... and that says alot, I think!  I love reading their fun blog too!

Buy It:  You can purchase a Nostalgia Candy Memories from the 50s box on the Woodstock Candy website for $34.95.  This is a great deal for the amount of candy that you receive... and a GREAT idea for Father's Day {if your Dad is anything like mine, he would love it!}
Woodstock Candy also sells lots of other products, including candy boxes from all decades and lots of other nostalgic items!

Win It:  One super lucky So Easy Being Green reader is going to win their very own Nostalgia Candy Memories from the 50s box!!!


If you've never entered a SEBG giveaway, or need a re-fresher, visit the SEBG Giveaways page.

This giveaway will end at 11:59 pm {EST} on Monday, May 30th.  It is open to US residents only.

Links you may need for this Giveaway:

Woodstock Candy: Website // Facebook // Twitter

{sample tweet} Travel back in time with @woodstockcandy & @lindseygalvez! #nostaligic #candy #retro #giveaway ends 5.30 http://tinyurl.com/63dgdhm

Closed.

Please use the Google Form (above) to enter, as any comments on this post will not count towards the giveaway. You can view all entries to this giveaway on the spreadsheet (private information is hidden). Winner will be chosen by random.org,  The winner will be announced on the blog, emailed, and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Although I was sent Woodstock Candy for Sophia's Party and for review purposes, I was not paid/enticed to write a fabulous review for this product, all opinions are expressed are 100% mine! You may view my full disclosure policy, here.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Haha, does your hubs have a box of candy cigs wrapped in his sleeve?

Erin said...

Beautiful family, VERY cool cake, and LOL Kristina I didn't see that before!

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful cake! Thanks for the giveaway!

Lindsey said...

Thanks ladies!
Yes, Kristina, it's a box of Candy Cigarettes... of course! :)

Stuff Parents Need said...

That cake is out of control (but awesome!)!!!

Mrs. Martinet said...

Alas, I was going to make a purchase from Woodstock Candy but the shipping cost more than the candy. Thanks for the review though.