Source: Google Images
My heart goes a-flutter when I see something like this. Wait, maybe this post should start like this...
Hello, my name is Lindsey and I'm a Children's Consign-o-holic.
It's true! I never understood "consignment" until I became pregnant and I attended the Duck Duck Goose consignment sale and my life changed. I don't think I will ever buy new clothes for Sophia. Well, until she's old enough to realize what I'm doing and she wants only the name brands. I have found so many great deals at these sales, not limited to just clothes. I have bought books, toys, cloth diapers, everything!
So, this weekend was our local Consignment Sale. I actually put some items in to sale myself {we'll see how successful that is} and I did rather well on my shopping trip. Here's what I got:
Barbie Laptop - For now, it's a play toy. She loves our laptop and we won't let her play with it, so she now has her own. It's actually a really neat, educational toy too {number, letters, sounds} - $6.
Fisher Price Drums - Major score! Soph loves music and loves to "pat" things, so she is already in love with the drums. They light up, play songs, and react when they're touched. - $1!
Gap Sweat Suit - Just too cute and cheap to pass up for this Fall. - $3
Gymboree Cupcake Top - Still had the tags. Will be super cute for the Fall. - $3
Old Navy Shorts - I can't wait to see her little legs in these! - $3
Old Navy Bikini - Totally scored this because the top will match a couple of her Swim Diapers! - $5
Total $21!
Yes, I resisted the urge to buy alot but that was only because "Grandma" was with me and bought everything else! She sure knows how to spoil her only granddaughter!
So, I want to know... Do you attend Children's Consignment Sales or visit Consignment Shops regularly? What's your favorite thing to buy and your best score?



8 comments:
We don't have consignment shops here like in the states :( but in about 4 months I'll be able to visit them like no other :D
Great deals!
I went to my first Just Between Friends sale last month, it was awesome. I went on the last day of the sale but still managed to find a few cute things. I'm going to the next one and getting an early entry, can't wait!
I love consignment shops! I have bought "used" items that still had the tags on them.
I've gone to consignment shops, Goodwill, St. Vinny's.. sometimes ebay. I got a decently large box full of baby clothes for $12 shipped on ebay. Otherwise one of my better trips for my own clothes was 3 pairs of jeans at Goodwill for less than $15.
Once Upon a Child is an awesome consignment - and they give you money ON THE SPOT for clothing and toys you bring in - I admit it has to be in really good condition but... yeah I can do some DAMAGE in a consign store! :)
Oh yeah, and definitely what I do FIRST is skim through all the racks for the NEW WITH TAGS items first - they are usually the SAME PRICE as the used... so then I can really score a great deal! :)
Great buys!! I always take pictures of my steals and post them, too, so I appreciate you doing it. I love the bathing suit!
I'm addicted as well! I always check out the bigger stuff first--jogging strollers/hiking carriers/ exersaucers/bigger toys/etc. Then I head to the section that might have cloth diapers (found 2 great ones at the last sale for $4 each!) and then it's all about the clothes clothes clothes! I feel so much better about my shopaholic habit when I know I'm spending so much less!
I also like that the quality tends to be better than garage sales. It's like a sure-thing, whereas I love garage saling, but it's kind of hit or miss.
My next one is 3 weeks away! Since my baby is only almost 5 months old, I haven't sold yet but I have a consignment bin started and am really excited to be on the other end. You just got me all excited!
I love consignment stores too!! Which reminds me I saw a new ad in town and I need to go check it out! :)
I think the best deals are at garage sales - LOVE them!
Post a Comment