A big CONGRATULATIONS goes to... Debbie M! She is the lucky winner with comment #359 out of 424!
I thought I had tried just about every type of cloth diaper-safe detergent that was on the market {well, maybe not all, but we did cover quite a few!}. Then, I started seeing another detergent getting some great reviews and popping up on some blogs and in some of my favorite cloth diaper boutiques. With a name like Eco Sprout and a slogan like "Green From the Ground Up", I just knew that I had to try it!
"[Eco Sprout was born out of, a Dad being] Frustrated by trying various detergents over and over, nothing ever seemed to kick the ammonia smell, both on the diapers and in the pail! All the usual remedies were tried, baking soda, vinegar, special products made just for the ammonia, pail scents...you name it! There had to be a way to just use one product and simplify the washing process. [He] Came up with the perfect balance that resulted in clean diapers, derived from natural ingredients, 100% bio-degradable, and kicked the ammonia smell!"
I was sent 4 sample packs of Eco Sprout, each were 2 oz in the scents of: Fresh Linen, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Lavender Chamomile, and In The Buff. All of the scents {under than In The Buff} were light and fresh smelling. They were not overpowering at all and smelled lovely as I added them to the machine. As any successful cloth diaper-safe detergent does, there was no smell at all when the machine door was opened.
Eco Sprout suggests that you do a soak with their detergent when you switch from another detergent. They also have a Washing Instructions page. I chose to use my regular wash cycle {Warm Rinse, Warm/Warm Wash with Detergent, Extra Rinse}. In the beginning, I used the recommended 1-2 TBSP for my HE machine, but just like all other cd detergents, I found that I got the stinkies with such little soap, so I increased this to 3 TBSP. It worked lovely!
Why I Love Eco Sprout detergent: It works. It really does neutralize the ammonia odors that show up in our diaper pail sometimes. I really liked that the "scents" were not too strong. I have allergies to most floral scented products and I was quite worried about using the Lavender Chamomile scent, but it was pleasant and washed out completely. Once I "up-ed" the amount of detergent in our loads, I was an Eco Sprout believer!
It's designed to be used in regular machines, as well as HE, and for all water types. It's safe for cloth diapers {of course!}, can be used with regular laundry, and great for sensitive skin. Best of all, it's "free from dyes, brighteners, enzymes, phosphates, & is SLS free. It is also 100% natural and biodegradable."
Buy It: There are 3 different size bags of Eco Sprout available for purchase on their website, including sample size bags. You can buy a 24 oz bag {24/48 loads} for $7.98. Eco Sprout is also available at a variety of retailers.
Win It: One lucky So Easy Being Green reader will win a 24 oz bag of Eco Sprout in their choice of scent!
Links you may need for this Giveaway:
Eco Sprout: Detergent Scents available; Facebook
SEBG Readers' Survey
Closed.
Please use the Google Form (above) to enter, as any comments on this post will not count towards the giveaway. You can view all entries to this giveaway on the spreadsheet (private information is hidden). Winner will be chosen by random.org, Random.org screenshot available upon request. The winner will be announced on the blog, emailed, and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Although I was sent sample packs of Eco Sprout to review, I was not paid/enticed to write a fabulous review for this product, all opinions are expressed are 100% mine! You may view my full disclosure policy, here.


5 comments:
This is wonderful. Thank you so much. I have been wanting to try Eco Sprouts Sandalwood Vanilla. I have heard Eco Sprout is wonderful.
thank you for the giveaway
Hello! I am a new follower, and I wanted to let you know that I LOOOOOOVE your entry process for giveaways! Much, much convenient! Thanks alot for the giveaway!
Thanks for the giveaway! :)
Entered! Thank you:)
Post a Comment