Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Princess with the King

You may or may not know that Sophia and I accompanied Rob on a business trip lately.  He's been traveling alot and we've been missing Daddy time, so we made the 8 1/2 hour car drive to Tupelo, Mississippi to spend some quality family time.

Sure, I wanted to spend time with Rob, but you know what Tupelo is famous for... right?  I'm a huge Elvis fan and I just had to see his birthplace!  I've not been to Graceland yet {don't judge}, but we'll get there one day... especially now that I know I have a bloggy friend with a guest bedroom in Memphis!

The Tupelo Hardware Co. is where Elvis' Mom bought his first guitar!  The city had a beautiful downtown area, with a lovely park and City Hall.  Although, we didn't find it until the day we were leaving!

The one room house that Elvis was born in and lived in until he was 2 1/2.

I couldn't resist letting the Princess hold hands with the 13 year old King!

Reflection Pool. 
I know you're eye-ing those shoes.  Or maybe the sucking pads on our Ergo
Either way... we love both and I know you would too!

We had a great time in Tupelo.  I was quite surprised that it was a larger city than I thought it would be.  The people there were super friendly and Sophia was very well behaved even though we had to sit and play in a hotel room all day waiting for Rob to get out of work.  I really hope Sophia is going to be a little girl that loves to sight-see because if not, she's going to be an unhappy little girl when we drag her along!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Looks like fun Lindsay! Sucking pads huh? hmmm...