I received my jar of Nifty Nappy's Sheep-in-a-Jar Lanolizing Potion #9 in the mail this weekend! I was super excited to see how it would differ from using just plain Lanolin when lanolzing our Woolies. As I said in the Lanolizing blog post, I normally use a small, pea-sized amount of Lansinoh lanolin to lanolize my wool. I put a bowl of water (about a cup) in the microwave and add the lanolin so that it will mix with the water. This works, obviously, as I've been using wool for a couple of months now and had no issues with it leaking.
I will say, though, that sometimes the Lansinoh lanolin doesn't melt well and it's just a bit annoying to get on your fingers. So, I was curious to see how the Nifty Nappy potion would differ. Here's my experience with the Potion in pictures:
I heated a small bowl of water, as I've always done, to help the potion dissolve (as per the instructions on the jar).
Although, you can see the potion is a much different texture than the Lansinoh lanolin, which obviously made it dissolve much, much easier in the water. 1 tsp of the potion is enough to lanolize 2-4 woolies at a time.
I ran a larger bowl, full of lukewarm water and added the potion mix. I then added my Babee Greens wool cover and Sustainablebabyish Longies (from Natural Family Supplies) to the bowl.
They soaked this way overnight. In the morning, I gently rang out the water and let them air dry for about 6 hours, inside. The cover and longies work exactly the same as before!
So, why would I choose Nifty Nappy's Sheep-In-a-Jar Lanolizing Potion #9 over what I was using before? Simple, because it's easy to use. It dissolves much better and easier in water AND it's not as sticky and messy. It works just as well on my woolies (if not better) and I love supporting wonderful WAHMs such as Vilate from Nifty Nappy (and you should too!).
A 4 oz jar of the potion will do about 24 lanolizings. You have the chance to win a jar before you can even buy it! But hurry, the giveaway ends tomorrow!
Oh, and in case you were wondering what Sophia was doing during the Lanolizing process...





1 comment:
Oh man, my daughter LOVES to unroll the tp. It's like a hobby for her! :)
Post a Comment