Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Itsy Bitsy is quite the *funky* Spider, if you ask me.

So, do you remember the awesome review and giveaway that I posted a few weeks ago?  Refresh your memory.  



Groove Kid Nation is the brainchild of professional musician, Rodney Lee.  It's a fresh sound to the children's classics and I guarantee that they'll make you be happy to listen to your child's favorite songs over and over!  Rodney re-created these classics to get introduce his child to real musical instruments, which play a prominent role in every tune on the album.  The Groove Kid Nation CD is set to be released at a  CD release party at Capoeira Basoura in Santa Monica next Sunday, March 13th at 4 pm.  A portion of the proceeds from all CD sales go to benefit CARE, and this concert benefits a local YMCA preschool.


In addition to the album, Rodney has also created a Parent's Guide to Buying Musical Instruments.  I loved reading through his suggestions, as Rob and I definitely want to encourage Sophia to play an instrument in a loving, non-pushy way.  I want her to value music as an important outlet in her life.

No comments: