I have a great product and company to share with you all... I was so excited that Amanda gave me the opportunity to review Wildtree products!Wildtree is a great company. With super great products. the products are all natural. peanut free. msg free. additive free. dye free. Wildtree makes making good meals healthier and easier.
I am always looking for ways to make cooking easier (aren't we all), faster, and definitely healthier.The first Wildtree product that I received to review is the Scampi Blend. Oh my. It smelled delicious as soon as I opened the pack. I'm a HUGE Shrimp Scampi lover (uh, hello, Red Lobster's Endless Shrimp feast!) and was very excited to make my own Shrimp Scampi. I was able to see EXACTLY what was going into the recipe and how good it actually is for me!
I decided to make the Shrimp Scampi over pasta and followed the directions directly on the seasoning packet (how convenient!). I used frozen shrimp as there was a great sale at the grocery store, but I would think this recipe would be even better with fresh shrimp (not so readily available here in TN!).
Boil your pasta. I chose to do a Thin Spaghetti, but Angel Hair would be great also. After your pasta is finished cooking, save 1/4 cup of pasta (starchy) water.
Next step, combine the Scampi blend with your oil. Wildtree makes a great Grapeseed Oil that they recommend using with ALL of their products. Unfortunately, I don't have any yet, so I just used EVOO. I mixed 2tbsp of EVOO with 2 tbsp of the mix.
| Seriously, yummy! |
Toss the shrimp in the mixture. I wish there was a way for you to smell what is going on in this pan!
Once the shrimp is cooked, I removed it, put it on a separate plate and then added the pasta to the skillet along with the 1/4 cup of pasta water. This coats the pasta with the Scampi mix as well! Once it's finished, add the shrimp back and toss! Then... plate!
| Note to Self: Next time I take a picture of kitchen after cooking, clean the stove first! |
So, my presentation might not be quite up to par with Mr. Lagasse, but it didn't matter. We loved this meal so much that there were hardly any leftovers!
I highly recommend the Wildtree Scampi Blend. Stay tuned... tonight I'm trying this one and you may just get lucky enough to try one of these yourself!! Wildtree with Amanda Giveaway coming soon!
*Edit* I forgot to add that this seasoning can be used in more ways than this! The package suggests sprinkling the dry blend on chicken, fish, or scallops (so maybe tofu would work too! Thanks, Brea!) I have just enough left to try on a chicken breast for another dinner this week.
Although I was provided this product free for review purposes, I was not paid/enticed to write a fabulous review for this product, all opinions are expressed are 100% mine! You may view my full disclosure policy, here.
1 comment:
It looks yummy...too bad I'm vegetarian! LOL I wonder if it would be good on tofu? I just stumbled across your blog and LOVE IT! I can't wait to read more. I hope that you enjoyed your dinner!!
Post a Comment