Saturday, April 9, 2011

Survey Says.


The results are in and... you like me, you really like me!  Well, you really like my giveaways, I mean {but hopefully you like me too}!


According to the Readers' Survey...
  • You are overwhelmingly in favor of Google Forms {good thing I use them!}.  From a blogger's standpoint, they are a little more work, but my hope is that readers will spend less time entering the giveaway and more time reading my review and learning about the awesome product that is being featured.
  • You prefer shorter giveaways.  This goes along the lines of what I like as well, so you'll never see a giveaway last longer than 7 days on my blog, unless the sponsor specifically requests it.
  • You definitely don't want to tweet everyday.  I've been leaning this way, as tweeting everyday takes time, not everyone has Twitter, and allows for some to get alot more entries than others.  So, one big change coming from this survey is SEBG giveaways will allow only one tweet per giveaway from now on.
  • You like Event Giveaways to end all at the same time.  With shorter events, {like the past Out Like a Lamb and the upcoming Safe In the Sun}, I will do this.  Longer events {Birthday Bash in May} will end at regular intervals.
  • You like less Extra Entries.  Well, the majority of you do, but it was close.  I've decided to keep Extra Entries to a minimum.  There will be an average of 5-8 entries available per giveaway.  {Although, some giveaways you will have the chance to earn Extra by making purchases from the Sponsors.}
  • You have not been taking advantage of the Giveaway Spreadsheets!  I still get emails saying "Can you check to see if I've entered?"  This option is unique to SEBG as I haven't seen any other blogs doing it yet.  Not only does it give you the chance to see if you've entered, it also allows you to see how many entries the giveaway has at anytime.  More importantly, it gives my Sponsors the chance to see your entries!  {Comment giveaways watch out, Google Forms are taking over SEBG for good!}
To make things a bit easier for everyone to understand, I've created a special SEBG Giveaways page to be sure that everyone understands how my giveaways work and how to use the Spreadsheet.


Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to respond to the survey!

    3 comments:

    Courtney said...

    You're so cute! :)

    Tandy and Jeff said...

    thanks for posting the results! i was curious what other people preferred too! =)

    Unknown said...

    This is interesting! I don't think I've entered one of your giveaways before but the Eco Sprouts one looks great, I'll do that next. I just wanted to say though, as a fellow giveaway blogger, I LOVE your spreadsheet idea. It's the perfect solution to the reason that most don't like using Google Docs for entries. If you don't mind, I think I would like to try implementing something like this, especially with big events coming up.