This is Sophia's first Easter and we're spending it... hiding eggs! We'll see how much she enjoys it {and I'll be sure to share a picture too!}
Since it's Easter, I felt like it was a great time to update you on how our search for a home church is going.
We have only visited two different churches. One was a slightly new established church that is marketed towards a contemporary crowd. We thought we would love it... quite the opposite. We just didn't feel "at home". There were quite a few reasons, but we'll just leave it at that.
The other church that we've visited is where we've been going for the last 4 Sundays. I feel like it has more of a "teaching" atmosphere rather than a "preaching", if that makes sense. Everyone is very friendly, without being pushy. The youth Minister visited our home after our first time there and was very welcoming and informative about things that go on within the church, also without being too pushy.
We haven't decided to call it home, just yet. We've still been going to the Service only, not Sunday School and Sophia has yet to go into the Nursery, but we're thinking about starting that next week. Since she's never been in daycare, and she's only been babysat by 4 people (3 grandparents and my best friend, basically her aunt), it will definitely be a test for her... and us.
I'll keep you updated on how our journey goes, as we go along. Right now, we're still not completely at peace, but here's to hoping we will be soon...
Happy Easter!

6 comments:
Good luck:) Thanks for updating us!
I totally understand what you are going through. We've been attending a church for awhile now (going on four years) and we've never made the commitment and joined. There was just something about it. So now we are starting to visit other churches. Praying you find a home and the nursery experience goes well.
Hope you can find a church that meets your needs AND that you're comfortable leaving Sophia in their care! :) Don't get discouraged if she doesn't do well at first...try, try again!
Glad to hear the search is going somewhat positively... I honestly don't know what that must be like since I've always gone to the same church for the past 19 years... and it was the church my parents chose way back then so.... the idea of church hunting, wow - sounds like it could be daunting - I'm glad you're doing it b/c I think it's important to find the right place for YOU! :)
I was wondering how this was going! We have been members of the same church for a long time now, and (though our nursery workers are great), we're STILL working on getting Jordyn to stay in there! So, don't get discouraged! Praying that you feel God's leading on a place to call "home." :)
I totally understand what you are saying with the "not feeling at home" feeling you get from some churches... we looked for over 6 months to find a fit for us and we were about to give up and drive a long way to one of the churches we grew up in... and then we found the perfect fit.. It had a school, great community and very welcoming and our son Loves the nursery, it can be scary at first for them, but so worth it! Good Luck!
Post a Comment