Monday, April 25, 2011

Great Cloth Diaper Change

How many of you participated in the GCDC this weekend?  If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give you the quick backstory.  The Real Diaper Association came up with a fantastic plan to raise cloth diaper awareness and set a Guinness Book of World Records for the most cloth diapers changed at one time.  Although there still hasn't been an "official" proclamation of a record being set on Saturday, I am sure we were successful {fingers crossed}!

I attended the "semi-local" event in Knoxville, TN.  I was super excited about the event and really looking forward to meeting other cloth diapering Mama's!  The event did not disappoint at all!  There were 40 babes who participated at our location and we had a great array of prizes and gift bags that were given out.  Although I didn't win a prize, it was just as exciting see all of those babes in their cloth diapers!  I have NEVER seen so much cute fluff!!!

Sophia went to the event decked out in her "It's Good to Be Green" shirt, with a matching Spring Rumparooz.

Enjoying a swing before the Event.
Yes, she's walking!

Then she was changed into another Rumparooz, this time a Snap diaper in the Lux print {review to come on Thursday}, sponsored by Doable Diapers!

Participants after the change had been made!

I'd love to hear how your experience was, if you attended a GCDC event!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

We had so much fun at ours in memphis. 65 babes. I changed S out of a flip with an osocozy prefold into a bright red bottom bumpers. And we one a hand crocheted hat. Sweet!

Whitney and Michael said...

How fun! I do cloth too, but wasn't able to make it an exchange! Thanks for your inspiring blog! I am giving you a "stylish blogger award"! You can pick it up at my blog at: http://domesticventures.blogspot.com/
Thanks for all the inspiration!
Whitney

Stuff Parents Need said...

Went to the one in Chattanooga, but it was a bit of a let-down...just 13 babies, so our change didn't count! Boo! All the same, it was fun!