Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where I've Been

So, it's been awhile since I made an actual blog post.  I've gotten caught up in the Reviews and Giveaways and been working so much behind the computer screen that I've not had a chance (during nap times) to write an actual post.  

When do you blog?  I only get the chance when Soph is sleeping because she is quite the attention hog piggy.  She likes having Mommy all to herself.  Sooo... here's what we've been up to!
 
Sophia chases Kitty.  Mommy chases Sophia.  Kitty Runs.  Sophia chases Kitty.  Mommy chases Sophia.  Kitty Runs.  Repeat.

 She has decided that her "horse-y" is her favorite thing.  You can ask her, "Sophia, do you want to ride your horse-y?"  She smiles, chuckles, and looks straight at it.  It's the only way I can get her to smile for pictures now.  Side note: This rocking horse was made for me by a family friend when I was a child!

She's a lover of books!  She loves to take them off the shelf, one by one, and throw them in the floor.  Loves to do this too...

And lastly, she's crawling everywhere and trying her best to walk.  She pulls up on everything and walks along walls.  It was bound to happen and it did... she got her first little bruise "pop knot" (is that a Southern phrase?) on her little forehead.  Yes, you can hardly see it in the picture, but it was there.  Yes, it was gone within a few hours, but I had to document it because it was her first (of many, I'm sure!).  This little gal is a climber, crawler, mischievous babe that is going to get into lots of trouble down the road.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh wow! Our babes are so on the same developmental playing field! My Sofia is doing all of the above including the "extreme sports" injuries! She got her first bloody nose yesterday when she pulled up onto an empty box (from unpacking), fell INTO the box whilst smacking her nose on the edge. OUCH! When I picked her up, she still had the box on her head. I wished someone had been there to film it.

T Rex Mom said...

What a cutie, I mean cute piggie!

Stopped over from Julie's after seeing your spotlight. I'll try to stop by more frequently.

That's about how things are around here, we're just one child and a few months ahead. Aren't these just the times.

Charlotte said...

She is seriously so beautiful! Sorry she got her first bump!

Unknown said...

New follower thru GFC! I was raised in the Army, mostly Germany until I was 13 so I know quite a bit about the military. Dad was in for 22 years and did not want to leave but when he went to re-enlist when I was 13, the Vietnam ware was still going on and they said they could not guarantee that he would not go. He was in the Korean War and said one was enough and he was single then and now had a wife and 3 children to consider so sadly he had to leave. He was going for another 5 years and wanted to stay in Germany (we all really loved it there) but it was not meant to be. I would love a follow back! Thanks.

Mary @http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

April said...

oh, lindsey -- this little girl melts my heart!! she is SO cute and such a trouble maker like amelia. seriously, how are we not IRL neighbors?!?!?! we need to be, that's for sure, because our little girls would be best friends! although, they could really get into so much trouble together.....

maybe across the country is best after all.