Just in case you didn't know, today is the NEA's National Read Across America Day. March 2nd is chosen because it is the beloved children's author, Dr. Seuss' Birthday!On Read Across America Day, the National Education Association (NEA) asks that parents/teachers/anybody pledge to celebrate reading! You can pledge to read just one book to a child today, or even go so far as to plan a party around the event. The idea is to promote the joy of reading to young children so that they will create a love for books and literacy that will last for years to come. If you would like to make a pledge today, you can do so here!
To help celebrate Dr. Seuss' Birthday, Oceanhouse Media has announced that all of their Dr. Seuss iPhone apps are on sale! For one week only, you can save 25-75% on each fun app!
I recently had the chance to review a couple of the Dr. Seuss apps from Oceanhouse and I can say that they are just as enjoyable as reading the classic books! Sophia is loving my new iPhone (as am I) and now that there are Books and Music on it just for her... well, I think I have a great distraction when she gets tired in the car!!!
We had the chance to review the just-released versions of Happy Birthday To You (quite appropriate for today!) and the sequel, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. In all of the book apps, you can choose to "Read Along" or "Read It Myself". We are enjoying the "Read Along" feature right now as it gives Sophia some great new voices and sounds, other than just Mommy reading to her. I also love the fact that Dr. Seuss subtly introduces the concept of individuality to children in a silly, unique way. Both of these apps have wonderful illustrations (straight from the Seuss books) and are a delight to read and watch!
I just bought my iPhone a few weeks ago and I am still amazed that I can have so much information at my fingertips anytime of the day, no matter where I am. These apps are great for mothers who are out and about or who are traveling and want to still be able to read to their children. I just know that Sophie is going to be a HUGE Dr. Seuss fan just like I was when I was younger (and still am!).
You can purchase the two apps that I reviewed Happy Birthday to You! for only $0.99 this week (75% off special) and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back! for $2.99 ($1 off normal price). You can also download the free Dr. Seuss Camera - The Happy Birthday to You! Edition to take silly Seuss-ian inspired pictures to send to your friends (or have your babes giggling!).
Oceanhouse Media also has very active Facebook and Twitter pages. They will be promoting these apps with contests and giveaway all this week!
I was not paid/enticed to write a fabulous review for this product, all opinions are expressed are 100% mine! You may view my full disclosure policy, here.

No comments:
Post a Comment