Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Disney's: My Family Tree

This morning while Sophia and I were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (oh, how this child loves Mickey!?!), a short program during the commercials, caught my attention.  I really love the Disney channel (in the mornings) and all the great short programs they show.  The one this morning was called "My Family Tree".  The reason that my ears perked up was because the boy was talking about his family in the Philippines that he had never met.


When I texted Rob to tell him about the clip, he said "that could be Sophia's story".  If you've read about our Family, you know that my husband is from the Philippines.  He moved to the US when he was 10 years old and hadn't been back to visit his home until last January.  I was lucky enough to be able to go with him (yes, 5 months pregnant!) and loved sharing that experience with him.  I can't wait for Sophia to visit the country where her Daddy grew up and realize how lucky she is (we all are) to have what we do.

 Here are a couple of pictures from our trip...


No comments: