Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thirsties Duo Diaper Giveaway! *closed*

Closed, Congrats Marni!

If you cloth diaper (or are at least researching cloth diapers), I know you've heard of the cloth diaper brand, Thirsties.  When I began my cloth diapering journey, I read so many recommendations for this relatively small company.  They make quite a few different cloth diaper types: diapers, covers, prefolds, fitteed; as well as accessories: cloth wipes, wipe solution, detergent, doublers, and pail liners!
We used a variety of Thirsties covers (and loved them!) when Sophia was a newborn, so I was excited to get the chance to review a Duo Diaper.

Thirsties® is a small (but growing!) cloth diaper company committed to greener parenting and Eco Friendly solutions, not to mention 100% USA Made quality! Erin, founder of Thirsties, started this business with an old sewing machine and $100 5 years ago. Through her hard work and diligence, the company is now one of the leaders in the cloth diaper industry. Our diapers are now made by work at home mothers, and very close to our warehouse, reducing our carbon output. Our customer service reps are experienced cloth diapering moms, and offer our knowledge to our retailers and customers alike.

I chose the print, Blackbird, because it so just so unique and cute, as are all the Thirsties print/color choices!  The fit of this diaper is so comparable to the Thirsties covers.  I love the fact that they have 2 OS choices, so that they will actually fit a newborn AND a 2 year old without so much bulk and tightness.  This system may be a bit more expensive than a regular One-Size system (like Bumgenius or Rumparooz) because you are buying two sizes, but they really fit each size much better and it's still much cheaper than buying disposables.

Could she look anymore comfortable?
Why I Love the Duo Diaper:  I love this diaper for 2 main reasons... I love the fit.  It will truly grow with Sophia (she is on the smallest setting of the size 2) and the leg gussets really keep everything in the diaper, without being too tight on her chubby, cute legs!  I also love the fact that the it has a "sleeve" design, meaning you can stuff from the front or the back, which makes it possible for the machine to "agitate out" the insert... no pulling out yucky, soaked inserts!!!

Buy It:  Thirsties has a large variety of retailers.  The Duo Diaper sells for $17.50 for solids, $18.50 for prints (at Kelly's Closet).

Win It:  Thirsties is offering one lucky So Easy Being Green reader a chance to win their very own Duo Diaper in their choice of color and size!

This giveaway will run for {7} days and close at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, February 9th. Please use the Google Form (below) to enter, as any comments on this post will not count towards the giveaway. You can view all entries to this giveaway on the spreadsheet (private information is hidden).  This allows you to see the number of entries and to double-check if you've entered the giveaway or not!


*Closed*

Open to U.S. residents only. Winner will be chosen by random.org. The winner will be announced on the blog, emailed, and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Although I was provided a complimentary diaper for review, I was not paid/enticed to write a fabulous review for this product, all opinions are expressed are 100% mine! You may view my full disclosure policy, here.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the giveaway!

jackie said...

Thanks for the Thirsties giveaway!! Love our Thirsties :)

kim said...

Yeah! Love fluffy butts

jamiebartley said...

I entered, thank you for the giveaway.

Courtney said...

This was our FAVORITE diaper when he was in the newborn months. Then it suddenly started leaking through the leg gussets. I upped the size and it still leaked :(

But I would love to try it again now that he is bigger and will be in the size 2 for sure?!

Liz M. said...

i entered! Want to win so bad! trying to switch to cloth, i only have 5 diapers so far!

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

Following you from the linky list @ Mom Blog! Thanks for the awesome giveaway chances!! Love your green blog.
millerhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

JaimeN said...

Would love to win. Thanks.
jnl3619 at yahoo.com

JaimeN said...

Would love to win.