Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 11 - A Photo That Makes You Angry or Sad

all about me

Today's Challenge is definitely my least favorite of the 30 days.  I'm sharing with you a photo that makes me sad.  I'm still working on my "About Me" page, which has definitely been put on the backburner, but when I get around to it, you'll find out, if you didn't know already, that my husband is from the Philippines.  He came to the U.S. when he was 10 years old.  This past January was his first opportunity to go back and visit his home country and I was lucky enough to get to experience it with him.  To say I experience culture shock, is putting it very lightly.  The Philippines is a very, very poor country and the thing that stood out to me is the trash that's everywhere.  They just don't have the monetary means to clean everything up.  I didn't take this picture, but it i very similar to what we saw in Manila, the capital of the Philippines.


I am in no way, downing the country, because it is absolutely beautiful!  I loved every moment of being there with my husband as we explored.  It just makes me sad to think how we often take our life, country, and surroundings for granted.  I will say, though, that the Filipino people and culture could teach us so much.  They are the happiest people, most gracious to guests, and warm-hearted country that I've ever experienced.  I love my husband and his family and the people we met there.

It simply breaks my heart that we couldn't help everyone there and to think that my husband was lucky enough to have parents who worked so hard to bring him and his brother to the United States of America.

1 comment:

SM said...

I am your new follower! Would love for you to visit my blog and follow back:)

Have a great weekend!