That's right, Sophia is walking.Just in time, too. Since she was around 6 months, all she wanted to do was stand. She wanted anyone and everyone to hold her hands so she could stand up. I made the proclamation that she would walk before she turned 11 months. It was a clever guess, because I wasn't sure if she would start walking at 9 or 10 months. Even on the eve of her 8 month birthday, I wondered if she would skip crawling altogether and go straight to walking... but she proved that theory wrong the very same night.
So, when Sophia wasn't walking last week, one week before she would turn 11 months, I worried that once again she would prove me wrong. Until last Friday afternoon...
I was on the phone with my Mom and Sophia let go of the cabinets and started to walk, which she had been doing quite a bit, but only taking 4-5 steps before falling. When she did it this time, I counted aloud. 20 steps!?!?! I then texted a friend {who I always go to for parenting questions} and asked "When do you call it officially "walking"? Her response... "Probably when you have to ask if it's official!!!!"
I loved that response and so it became official. Sophia walked at 10 months {3 days before she turned 11 months}.
Now she's walking everywhere. Well, after she falls a few times. She's not got it completely down, but I can just see her running around at her Birthday Party. She's an active little girl and isn't letting the little tumbles slow her down one bit.

10 comments:
Oh, yay! And oh no! Watch out! You've got your hands full now, mama!
She is so adorable!! I love the little row of pictures...the drunk baby walk is so much fun!
Can you tell me what kind of diaper she is wearing there? I absolutely LOVE the color and I'm sure it's been in one of your previous posts but I *need* it! It will go with so many of her dresses for this summer!!
TY.
@Kristina Oh yes! She's getting into EVERYTHING... even more so than she was.
@Christina That one hasn't been featured on the blog, believe it or not. It's a Bummis EasyFit. It is alot lighter in the pics than it is IRL. But I LOOOOVE it! Got it off Amazon with Swagbucks (free makes me love it even more!)
That is awesome! I cannot wait til my son starts walking, but I know he will be getting into absolutely everything. Your daughter is adorable!
so so so cute!! YAY! Wow she's an early walker! :) congrats to her!
Uh-oh. My daughter's been a stander since she was 3mo (she's just 4mo now). Tonight on video chat, my parents watched her standing, all her weight on her legs with me just holding the shoulders of her sleeper to help her balance; they said they could see her trying to figure out how to get her legs moving so she could start walking...
Yay! She's so sweet. And yes, when you can't count steps on one hand, I think it's official!
I kinda wonder about Rissa sometimes.
She can roll, but barely does it. She's very into sitting and now standing (but can't sit on her own for long).
My parents said I was walking at 9mos so we'll see lol
Wow! She's doing great- too cute! :)
How exciting! Can't wait until Cora is walking too!
GET. READY. This wild ride is about to get completely nuts! And also more fun than you can even dream! :-)
Post a Comment