I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm taking a break from heavy Spring Cleaning to catch up with my online friends. I had a few things to share with you all and didn't want you to miss out, so here goes...
- I was featured on a wonderful blog yesterday. Julie from A Year With Mom and Dad was kind enough to feature me as a part of her new series, Moms of Cloth. She has a wonderful, informative blog that I visit daily and you'll want to too!
- Don't forget to stock up on some great, re-usable snack bags, with discount code "SEBG25"!
In case you haven't noticed the cute, little button to the left, my next blog event is coming up soon (in only 9 days to be exact!). If you love wool or you're simply curious about it (like I was), you definitely do not want to miss this event! Right now, I have 9 giveaways, mixture of Wool, Fitteds and Accessories, lined up for you wonderful readers. Want a sneak peak of a few of the sponsors???
I'll share the rest of the sponsors in the next few days!
I thought we would try something a bit different for this event. Let me know if you like it, don't, or have any questions... by leaving a comment or shooting me an email.
Here's how it will work:
- These Extra Entries will only be available until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 13th (until the event starts).
Fill out the form below.You can tweet or share on Facebook once/day, but the Blogging and Button entries are only counted the first time. You have a chance to earn 26 Extra Entries (if you Tweeted & Shared everyday, place the Button on your sidebar, and blogged about this Event).- I'll keep track of the Extra Entries on the spreadsheet. On Monday, 3/14, I will tally them. You can view the spreadsheet at all times to see how many you are racking up!
- YOU decide where the Extra Entries go. You can split them up and use them on different giveaways, or combine them all and up your chances on your favorite giveaway. (There will be a place on each Giveaway entry form for you to put in the Extra Entries that you've earned, that you would like to use. I will verify each!)
Extra Entries are Closed.




6 comments:
First....please know that I have nothing but love for you! It is always so hard to give an idea a thumbs down, but alas, you did ask for feedback, so here's mine. And I completely support your decision to proceed with this method if it is what you like...it's your blog! :-)
I think when there is a possibility of getting SOOOO many extra entries, it makes entering altogether more unattractive for those of us who just don't have the time/energy/memory/interest/whatever the case to do the daily stuff. If I know that I can only get 2 or 3 entries to a giveaway that someone else could possibly get 26 to, i'm much less likely to enter at all. As a review blogger, my experience also showed that it was only a relatively small percentage of folks who would do the 10 billion extra entries, and those were hardcore sweepers. Nothing wrong with that (I used to be one in a former life!) but these folks will start to win an alarming number of your giveaways, because they are the ones who will do all those extra entries.
My giveaways are a bit different from most...just a few ways to enter. That's my style, and that isn't the style that most people have, which is totally fine. But in general, if I see this many possible ways to enter, I judge it to be a contest created for the pros and I just skip it.
I will take this into consideration for the next event. It makes perfect sense and I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion!
Anyone else want to weigh in?
CUTE Button! Love your wool event style! :) I gotta get going entering!
I'm not a big fan of extra entries either...less is better in my book :)
I'll be happy to post your giveaway event under my giveaways tab once it starts!
And I'll always give ya fb and twitter shout outs ;)
Lindsey,
We all like to be able to take less time and do more! I understand that you are having us help you get your giveaway out there by advertising it, and I think its great that you give us extra entries for it!
Posting on FB or twitter only takes me 3 minutes or so... perfect during nap time and I am glad to help you out. I am really hoping to win some woolly stuff!
Thanks for the chance!!
I tend to lean more towards what Stuff Parents Need and Crunchy Beach Mama said. I also understand what Mama of the Littles is saying. Perhaps you could have a list of extra 'advertising' extra entries and tell people they may choose one or more extra entries but that there will only be one extra entry per person. That would put people on a more even playing field, so to speak, and still publicize your event. For example, a blogger doesn't have a better chance than one who Tweets or Facebooks.
That said, I do think you have a reasonable amount of extra entries. I've seen some people use Facebook games for extra entries and they'll give away 25-50 entries for ONE giveaway. I don't have time to go through the data entry required for those. LOL
Thanks for hosting this event. I look forward to reading what you have to share.
- Trisha
Post a Comment