It's been so dreary and rainy here in east Tennessee for the past few days. I cannot wait for Spring time and am excited for Sophia to spend as much time outside as she can, this Summer!
Last weekend, we did have a few pretty, warm days (hence, the trip to the park!). I also took advantage of the sun for some of it's bleaching properties. If you read my Obsession Confession on the the Doable Diapers blog, you'll already know of my latest cloth diaper blooper.
During a day of running errands, I forgot and left a diaper full of poo in my delightfully lovely Diaper Bag Wrangler Wetbag. It wasn't just any diaper... it was our brand spankin' new Bummis EasyFit (straight from Swagbucks funds) that had only been worn a few times. My Zoe Owl wetbag is so good that it sat in my car for 3 days with no smells!
Even after rinsing with the diaper sprayer AND washing with my normal routine, I still had this...
Even after rinsing with the diaper sprayer AND washing with my normal routine, I still had this...
I seriously pride myself in the fact that my diapers don't have stains. I use my diaper sprayer almost religiously and wash them every 2-3 days to keep the stains away! Oh, I was just distraught (yes, distraught over a diaper stain, soo...) over this stain! It was so u.n.s.i.g.h.t.l.y. and gross.

Sooo... I used my own tip and got to work. Actually, it was hardly any work at all.
- I grabbed a spray bottle, drying rack, and binder clips (this event made me realize we do not own not one clothespin).
- Mixed a bit of lemon juice with some water.
- Binder-clipped my diapers to the drying rack outside. (I had another with a teensy tiny stain.)
- Saturated the stained portions of the diaper with the lemon juice mixture.
- Waited. I let the sun do the work. I left the diapers outside for about 5 hours.
![]() |
| I love the Sun! |


4 comments:
That's so awesome! I need to try that with a few of our diapers!!
Oh this is great! I've been curious if sunning still works after a stain has been set.
I wonder if this spring/summer I can sun the cat puke stain out of my comforter?
Darcy @ Tales From the Nursery
My Tots Bots looks like that! I'm totally going to try your tip! Thanks!!!
(send me your stash picture tonight ~ I'm posting on the blog tomorrow and I can announce your event with it!)
would you say the mix is 50/50 lemon juice and water, or something different?
Post a Comment