Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nellie's All Natural Detergent Giveaway *closed*

Closed.  Congratulations to Kristina.


Tip of the Day:  If you dry your AIO's in a dryer, turn them inside out!  This will cut down on their drying time.

As I began looking for cloth diapering safe, natural detergents to feature during this event, a friend urged me to look into Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda.  She remembered seeing it on EcoMom and thought it would be a good fit for the event.  She was right!  I love the fact that Nellie's is free from the nasty chemicals that so many detergents have and the fact that they tell you exactly what makes up their soda!


As I was searching for information on this laundry soda, I found this jewel of information:
 Nellie’s Laundry Soda work’s great as a pre-treatment as well. All you need to do is put 1 tablespoon or 1 nugget in a spray bottle with 16 oz of warm water, let it dissolve, shake up and spray on stained or heavily soiled areas while putting clothes into the washing machine. Wash as normal. This should solve the problems with stains or soiled areas of fabrics.


I had one Softbum insert that was stained and simply would not wash or even sun out.  I mixed a bit of Nellie's, as suggested, and the stain is finally gone.  It really had been plaguing me for months!

The Nellie's brand also makes a few other great cleaning products, such as Laundry Nuggets, Dryer Balls (these are PVC-free plastic, not wool), Oxi Brightener (think an all-natural version of Oxy-Clean) and Dishwashing Powder/Nuggets ( I want to try these next!).

Why I Love Nellie's: I love that I know every ingredient in this laundry soda and, of course, that it's cloth diaper safe!  Straight from there website... Here is a guideline for washing cloth diapers with Nellie’s:  Washing one regular size load of laundry, approximately 12 diapers, you would use 1 tablespoon or 1 nugget.

Buy It:  You can buy a 50 load bag of Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda on their website for only $9.99!

Win It:  Nellie's is offering one lucky So Easy Being Green reader a chance to win their own 50 load bag of Nellie's for free!


Links you may need for this giveaway:

Nellie's All-Natural:Website; Facebook

{sample tweet} #Win a 50 load bag of #eco friendly Nellie's #Laundry Soda for your #clothdiapers from @lindseygalvez! ends 2.22 http://tinyurl.com/5w5e4ok
*PLEASE NOTE* - If you are Re-Tweeting (after your first initial entry), you do NOT have to fill out the form in it's entirety every time, simply enter your Name, Email Address, and Tweet URL.  Thank you!

Closed.

This giveaway will close at 11:59 pm on Sunday, February 20th. Please use the Google Form (above) to enter, as any comments on this post will not count towards the giveaway. You can view all entries to this giveaway on the spreadsheet (private information is hidden). This allows you to see the number of entries and to double-check if you've entered the giveaway or not!  
Open to U.S. and Canada residents only. Winner will be chosen by random.org. The winner will be announced on the blog, emailed, and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Although I was sent a complimentary bag of detergent to review, I was not paid/enticed to write a fabulous review for this product, all opinions are expressed are 100% mine! You may view my full disclosure policy, here.