Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Big Day

No... we're already married, so it wasn't that big day.  Soph's already born, so... wasn't that either.

It was a big day for me, though (and her!).  Because...



We pierced her ears!  Well, we didn't, but you know what I'm saying.  Although I couldn't get her to smile for the pictures, she did very well and hasn't seem to notice them at alll!

I had struggled with this decision for a few months now.  I knew I wanted to get them done, but I wasn't sure that I could do it to her.  I justify her pain from getting shots by her "needing" them medically, but how could I justify doing this for vanity?  That was my internal struggle.  During her past two rounds of shots, she had reacted so well... very few tears.  So, I decided it was time.  I know it's completely a personal opinion... some people feel strongly about not piercing children's ears, but I chose to and I am happy with my decision.

She was cute before and it only adds to her cuteness, in my opinion!

12 comments:

April said...

this is such a fun post!!! oh, baby soph.... she is just too beautiful! the pierced ears totally add to it :)

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

She is adorable! That is something my hubby and I were discussing when I was preggo -- but we had a boy and it didn't matter. :)

Frugal Couponing Mommy said...

Great site!! I am your newest follower via Tuesday blog hop. I would love if you could follow me back at http://frugalcouponingmommy3.blogspot.com/

Summer said...

Following you from the blog hop! Would love for you to follow back at http://ericsummerandbella.blogspot.com

Made By Gen said...

Cute! A new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. See you...

Unknown said...

Adorable baby!

I found you via FMBT and am your newest follower Rae T. I'd love if you could follow me back at http://contest-for-that.blogspot.com

Have a great day! :)

♥ LLL with Leslie ♥ said...

cute blog!


I'm following you from FMBT. Please visit me and follow me back :) Have a great day :)

Leslie
www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

Closer to Lucy said...

Cute!!

Out hopping, hope you come by Lucy's when you get a chance.
http://closertolucy.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

We just got my daughter's ears pierced as well! Love her, she looks so cute, and it took us 4 months to decide! Also now following you from http://cutesytushies.blogspot.com/

Kari said...

She looks adorable! XOXO

Koco & Viking said...

She is beautiful!!!

Hi! We're happily following you via FMBT! We would love for you to follow us if you like what we've got goin' on :)

kocoandviking.blogspot.com

Stuff Parents Need said...

I don't remember if you were reading my blog when we got Darah's ears pierced, but I wrote about my conflicting feelings. I can identify with what you are saying, and I'm also really happy with our decision!
http://stuffparentsneed.blogspot.com/2010/02/infant-ear-piercing-my-thoughts.html